Gold Week = A Week
Blue Week = B Week
NEW EGYPT EXTENDED DAYCARE (NEED)
The NEED program, before and after school childcare, is now open for family registrations. While the program will operate differently for the start of this year given the new guidelines, we look forward to when we can again offer extended hours and more plan options.The 2020-2021 NEED Program, sponsored by the Plumsted Township Board of Education…
For questions about the NEED Program, please contact Lisa Harper at (609)758-6800x3266 or HarperL@newegypt.us.
- Offers an affordable, safe, accessible program with excellent care and supervision with before school care starting at 7:00 AM and after school care ending at 5:30 PM for students in grades preschool-5.
- Features flexibility in scheduling, with a choice of morning care, afternoon care, or both based on 3/4/5 days per week.
- Registrations/enrollments will be ongoing during the 2020-2021 school year pending available space in a cohort.
- Registration packets are available at the Dr. Gerald H. Woehr Elementary School's main entrance vestibule, the New Egypt Extended Day (NEED) office located in the DGHWES building, and online.
- The NEED program offers structured activities in arts and crafts, physical education, recreation, and homework assistance.
- The NEED program is available to all children who attend the Plumsted Township School District grades Preschool through 5th grade.
- In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, the NEED Program will provide reasonable accommodations for participants with disabilities. The District reserves the right to make a determination that students that require accommodations that exceed the reasonable standard would be deemed inappropriate for the program and therefore not eligible to participate. A determination as to whether a requested accommodation is reasonable would be based upon a case by case analysis involving an interactive exchange between the parties to determine whether a reasonable accommodation was capable of being furnished.
- There is no nurse available during the before and aftercare program. Please note the NEED staff cannot administer medication. If your child has a potential for allergen reactions or anaphylaxis, we can assist with the administration of an EpiPen. Please make sure that the NEED program and the school nurse has a copy of the treatment plan here.
- Discounted tuition is available to families who receive free or reduced lunch and for multiple children from one family. One discount per family may be applied.
- Students attending the preschool sessions (1/2 day AM, 1/2 day PM and Full Day) may attend the NEED Program during NEED operating hours.
Click here for further registration information and program costs.
A nurse is not available during the NEED Program operating hours. The NEED Program is a peanut/tree nut-free for students with life-threatening food allergies to also enjoy. This is especially important on early dismissal days. If your child is attending this program, please do not send them with any food products that contain nuts for either their lunch or snack.