NEED Program Plan InformationThe Plumsted Township School District is committed to providing both affordable and safe before and after school programs for all students in grades preschool-5th grade.
2018-2019 NEED Program Gold Plan – MORNINGS – Monthly Rates
You can pick any day(s) (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) of the week, but it has to remain the same day(s) of the week. Ex. Monday, Thursday, Friday mornings would qualify for the 3 mornings per week plan at $100 per MONTH, not a week.
6:45 am –
start of school
2018-2019 NEED Program Gold Plan – AFTERNOONS – Monthly Rates
until 6:00 pm
2018-2019 NEED Program Daily Tuition (if selecting per diem days) – BLUE PLAN
Blue Plan: Per Diem Rates (prescheduled and submitted by the 15th of the month prior; no substitutions)
Can be used in conjunction with both the Gold Plan and In-a-Pinch plan.
You choose what days of the month, and mornings, afternoons, or both. If your child attends a morning, they do not have to attend that same afternoon. Also, if your child attends every morning, but needs care for occasional afternoons, you could use the Gold Plan for the mornings and the Blue Plan for afternoons.
Before School; 6:45 am – start of school
After School; Dismissal – until 6:00 pm
Early Dismissal Days; Dismissal – until 6:00 pm
$8.75 per morning
$15.75 per afternoon
$20.75 per early dismissal afternoon
2018-2019 NEED Program Daily Tuition – IN-A-PINCH PLAN
In-A-Pinch Plan: As Needed (can be the same day only if the student was previously registered!)
Before School - 6:45 am – start of school
After School - Dismissal – until 6:00 pm
Early Dismissal Days
$10.00 per morning
$20.00 per afternoon
$30.00 per early dismissal afternoon
Discounts:Sibling discount - 10% tuition discount off of the oldest child's tuition
Sibling discount (3 children in the same family) - 15% tuition discount off of the oldest child's tuition
Federal Lunch Program - Reduced Lunch - 15% tuition discount off of student tuition
Federal Lunch Program - Free Lunch - 20% tuition discount off of student tuition
- Using the Gold Plan requires a set schedule of the same day(s) of the week. However, you may select different combinations such as, five mornings and two afternoons, as long as they are the same day of the week.
- Tuition for the Gold Plan is based on the number of scheduled school days (180 days) for the school year divided into ten equal monthly payments.
- Tuition payments are due on the 15th of the preceding month. (For example: October’s payment is due September 15th.) All cash payments should be made directly to the NEED office during operating hours. Payments received after the 20th of the month are charged a $20.00 late family payment fee. For any month that a child will not be using the Blue Plan for an entire month, the NEED office should be notified by the 15th of the preceding month. A parent can still use the program using the In-a-Pinch rates for that month.
- Extra days may be added with five (5) school days advanced notice at the Blue Plan rate. Less than five (5) school days notice would require In-A-Pinch rates.
- One program change (per school year) will be made free of charge with five (5) school days written notice to the NEED office. (ie. 4 afternoons to 3 afternoons; 2 mornings to 4 mornings, stopping the plan, etc.) Additional program changes also require five (5) school days written notice and will incur a $10.00 service charge. All program changes must be done in writing through the NEED office.
- Please notify the NEED office if you wish to discontinue use of the program. Written notice to the NEED office is required two weeks in advance to discontinue program enrollment and charges.
- There are no credits, refunds or adjustments for time not used in the NEED program due to school closings or delayed openings, vacations, absences or illnesses, other school activities, etc. The only exception to this policy would be in the case of an extended illness, whereby the student has missed ten (10) or more consecutive days of school, all of which must be substantiated by a physician's written note, a credit will be applied to your account.
- A discount will be given to families with multiple children living in the same household that are registering in the NEED program. A discount of 15% will be given off of the oldest child’s tuition for families of 3 or more, 10% will be given off of the oldest child’s tuition for families with 2 children.
- Students receiving free lunch receive a 20% discount and reduced lunch students will receive a 15% family discount upon verification.
- No additional charges are incurred for early dismissal days that occur on your Gold PM day of schedule. (Ie. Your child is on the Gold PM Plan, Monday – Wednesday. Early dismissals costs are included in your monthly rates for those days only.) Additional early dismissal days can be added (for those not using the 5 days a week plan) at the Blue Plan early dismissal rate if five (5) school days written notice is received. Less than five (5) school days written notice would be charged In-A-Pinch rates. (In the above example, that would include early dismissal days that occur on Thursday and Friday).
- Late fees, change fees, returned check fees, In-A-Pinch rates, etc. are not subject to discounts.
- Tuition for the Blue Plan is based on actual scheduled days. Rates are offered for am, pm and early dismissal days.
- Additional dates that are needed after the schedule is submitted will incur a $5.00 family schedule fee charge per change (not per day added), per family. However, five (5) school days notice is required to be charged the standard Blue plan rate. If less that five (5) school days are given, in-a-pinch rates will apply.
- Students must be registered in the NEED program prior to using the In-A-Pinch plan.
- Registration for just the In-A-Pinch plan is $30.00. To use either the Gold Plan or the Blue Plan the full registration fee of $60 is required.
- If using the am service, a message should be left at the NEED office. If using the pm service the NEED office must be contacted prior to 11:00 am. In-a-pinch dates can be scheduled up to five (5) days in advance.
- In-a-pinch rates are due on the same day of service.
- No sibling discounts can be applied to In-a-Pinch rates.
Please note for all plans a bank fee will be charged for any check returned by the bank. Returned check fees are not subject to discounts. After two returned checks, all payments must be made via money order or cash directly in the NEED office for the remainder of the school year.