* Your child is responsible for copying down their assignments in their planner each day.
* Homework is given daily to reinforce concepts being taught in class.
* Long term assignments will be given. Please encourage your child to use their time wisely as sufficient notice is given.
* If homework is not turned in, your child will receive (-1pt on BLOOMZ). If it is turned, your child will receive (+1pt on BLOOMZ).
* If an assignment proves to be too difficult for your child and he/she required a lot of help, please write a note at the top of the paper. This will ensure that it will be reviewed with your child.
Homework teaches and encourages students to be independent and responsible.
Rules and Behaviors
We expect proper behavior from all students. If an undesirable behavior is consistently happening, or an incident happens that is not appropriate, the child's family will be notified.
In case anyone does not follow the classroom rules and we do not feel that your child is acting on his/her best school behavior, we have the following discipline policy in place for our classroom:
Minor Infractions (such as disrespect to any adult or student)
First Offense: There will be a meeting in the hallway with a teacher.
Second Offense: The child will write a letter home to his/her parents/guardians explaining what he/she did and why it was wrong. It will need to be signed and returned the very next day.
Third Offense: The child will make a phone call home with a teacher present, where he/she will explain the situation and a consequence given.
Fourth Offense: The child will be sent to the Principal’s Office to explain the situation. At this point, the Principal will issue the consequence.
Major Infractions (such as physically hurting someone)
- At any time: The child will go straight to the principal and he will issue the consequence