- I agree that I have read and will follow the rules and procedures in the the NEED Parent Handbook available online at newegypt.us and in print by request.
- Children may not bring glass bottles, energy drinks and any foods containing nut or peanut products to the program.
- I agree to assume full responsibility for any damage to person or property caused by my child.
- My child is expected to attend the NEED program everyday that she/he is scheduled. I will notify the NEED office if my child will not be present in the afternoon.
- Any day that my child does not attend school, s/he cannot attend the NEED program.
- I understand that in the event of inclement weather or other emergency, when school is closed, the NEED program will also be closed. In the event of a delayed school opening, the NEED morning program will be cancelled. Finally, if the school district dismisses early due to inclement weather or other emergency, the NEED program will not open. Information of school closings are handled through the school district procedures.
- I understand that if my child has a persistent pattern of negative behavior, and interventions have not been successful, I may be asked to remove my child from the NEED program. No refunds will be issued.
- I agree that if the behavior or health of my child should make it necessary to send him/her home, I, or an emergency contact person, will immediately pick up my child from the program. Failure to do so may result in further suspension in the program.
- Based on the magnitude of the incident, my child will be withdrawn from NEED for an appropriate amount of time beginning the day after the incident. An accumulation of incidents may result in my child’s termination from NEED for the remainder of the school year.
- I confirm that my child is in good health and able to participate in the NEED program activities. I understand that a nurse is not available during the hours of operation of the NEED program. I also understand that medication, including prescription and non-prescription drugs, cannot be administered by staff in the NEED program. Epipen will require a copy of written physician orders.
- I agree that if it’s determined that my child needs emergency medical or dental treatment, I will be responsible for any such treatment deemed necessary by a physician or dentist. Accident Insurance is available for me to purchase and is available through the main office and the district board office. The child’s medical insurance is the primary insurer in the event of any injury. Any claim for secondary coverage should be made immediately, but no more than 30 days after the accident.
- For parent review: 2016-2017 Accident Insurance is with Bob McCloskey Student Insurance. They can be reached by the link or at 800-445-3126. Please contact the main office for additional information on accident insurance.
- Emergency Medical Release: If emergency medical care is deemed necessary and I cannot be contacted, I authorize the NEED Program staff to act on my behalf in granting permission for my child to receive emergency treatment.
- Unpaid monthly bills, even for those children no longer attending, will be turned over to a collection agency for payment. Outstanding or past due balances could cause your child to be suspended from attending not only the NEED program, but other district sponsored programs as well.
- I understand the late fee policies and fees incurred and I agree to payment of these fees: Late Schedules and Payments - $20.00 late fee. Tuition payments are due by the 15th of the month prior to the month of service. I agree to record the time and my signature on the attendance sheet each time I drop off and/or pick up my child/ren.
- My child must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. Pick-up after 6:00 p.m. is considered a LATE pick-up. Pick-ups from 6:01 pm – 6:15 pm - $15.00 fee; After 6:15 pm the late fee is increased by $1.00 per minute. After 3 late pick-ups, all late fees are doubled.
- In the event that you will be late, please contact your emergency pick-up designee to pick up your child, and thus avoid the late fees. In addition, chronic offenders may be removed from the program. Exceptions for weather, traffic, etc. will NOT be given.
- My child is not allowed to leave the NEED program unless picked up by an authorized adult with identification.
- An authorized adult is ONLY someone whose name has been listed with the NEED office and is over the age of 18 (including siblings).
- If my child has not been picked up by 6:30 p.m., the Plumsted Township Police Department will be contacted.
- The NEED Program will not reimburse families for tuition payments or credit families for unused before or after school program days. The only exception to this policy would be in the case of an extended illness, whereby the student has missed 10 or more consecutive days of school, all of which must be substantiated by a physician's written note.
- I agree to inform the NEED office, in writing, of any changes in the information that I have provided on the registration form and/or changes to my child’s NEED program schedule. I will provide two weeks advance written notice when withdrawing my child from the program or changing the program plan. Gold plan changes will be made effective on the 1st or 15th of the month only. Program plan changes are not made after May 1st.
- Late/Non Payment and Bounced Check Fee Policies: In the event that the check that I provide to the NEED Program for payment of services is returned for insufficient funds/closing of an account or any other reason, I will be charged a fee up to $30.00 in addition to the original amount due. If/when two checks are returned, I will only be allowed to pay for the daycare services via cash or a money order. All cash payments must be brought directly to the NEED office during operating hours.
- In the event that the above happens and restitution is not made or non payment of daycare services occurs, and this amount due is sent to collection, I will be responsible for the original debt together with all accrued finance and collection charges, court costs and attorney's fees which are allowed by law.
- My child/ren have permission to participate in walking trips, receive transportation between buildings on a district bus or van, watch PG movies, have his/her picture taken while participating in the NEED program, and to attend activities within the school where animals may be present.
- Photographic Permission: I give my permission to have my child appear in any media coverage approved by the NEED Program. I understand that the Coordinator has been given authority by the Plumsted Township School District to determine appropriate requests.
Updates for the 2016-2017 school year:
When picking up your child you are asked to park in a designated parking spot and not in the fire lane located along the building/sidewalk.
A nurse is not available for the NEED program or afterschool classes. In the event of an accident requiring medical attention the school’s insurance is a secondary policy with claim forms that needed to be filed in an expedited manner. In addition, the school provides parents the opportunity to purchase Student Accident Insurance. More information can be provided by contacting the School Business Manager in the board office.
Each afternoon, Monday – Thursday, the children will be provided with the opportunity to complete homework. We ask that parents share their expectations with their child. The NEED Program will provide children with a quiet place where they can begin their homework. Staff members will assist children that need help. Homework sessions will be approximately 30-45 minutes long. A homework session may run longer than 45 minutes of a child has a special circumstance. Every effort will be made to help your child complete their homework. Children may move on to an activity upon completion of their homework. While the NEED program provides this club, we can’t make sure that every child completes their homework assignments. Please be diligent in reviewing your child’s homework each night.
The NEED Program reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate services to the child and family. Services may be suspended and/or terminated for the following:
- Overdue fees.
- Child’s inappropriate behavior at the program.
- Chronic tardiness when picking up the child from the program.
- As determined by the Coordinator to be in the best interest of the program.
The NEED program will distribute memos and letters from time to time by email. Printed copies are also made available at the sign in/out desk. Please take the time to read them carefully. We welcome any suggestions and/or comments, questions or concerns. We ask that you express them to the Site Leader and/or Coordinator of the NEED Program.