Dear Parents/Guardians and Students:
This school year, our class will be using Google Classroom, a free and secure online learning platform where teachers and students can collaborate, share content, and use educational apps to supplement in-class learning. In this private learning environment that is managed by the teacher, students can only interact with others in the class. Google Classroom provides a safe and easy way to support learning beyond the classroom, and help students develop important online skills.
On Google Classroom, students will be able to:
- Participate in class or group discussions that are monitored by the teacher (students cannot send private messages to other students)
- Parents/Guardians can visit my Google Classroom while signed in to their child’s account to view and manage the personal information and settings of the account.
- Keep track of important due dates, events, and tasks
- Receive and turn in assignments and quizzes
- Access links, and resources provided by the teacher
- Access Google Classroom from any computer or mobile device with Internet capabilities and receive notification reminders via email or text (This is optional).
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you should have any questions and or concerns.