NEW EGYPT EXTENDED DAYCARE (NEED)NOTE: The NEED program for preschool students will operate before and after care at the Primary School.The 2018-2019 NEED Program, sponsored by the Plumsted Township Board of Education…
The NEED Program exists to meet the needs of working parents and their children. It is planned in response to the developmental needs of the children being served and will overlap to some extent with both home and school and yet will have a separate identity. Since it uses that block of time between school and home, it will attempt to complement, rather than supplement, the school’s program.The daycare program has a flexible curriculum with appropriate activities to meet the developmental needs of the children and to support the family. Children will be encouraged to try new things and to relax as well. The program is designed to promote a positive self-concept in each child. The morning time will be a time for conversations, board games, reading, activities, and playing in an organized activity. The afternoon time is intended to allow children to have a snack (parent provided), talk about their day, participate in homework club or another club, participate in organized games and express their creativity in the arts. A sample outline of the time in daycare after school is as follows:PreschoolBefore School:6:45 AM - start of school: care is available at the New Egypt Primary School.After School:Dismissal - 6:00 pm: care is available at the New Egypt Primary School.Grades K-5Before School:6:45 AM - start of school: care is available at the Dr. Gerald H. Woehr (DGHWES) library and cafeteria for all children Kindergarten - 5th grade.After School:Dismissal - 6:00 pm: care is available at DGHWES.End of School to 4:00/4:45 PM: Attendance, snacks and either outside play* or homework on Monday through Thursday. Homework club for students in grades 2-5 operates until approx. 4:45-5:00 pm. Children may attend the homework club for as long a period as they wish, before electing another activity. We encourage parents to share their expectations with their child about attending the homework club.4:00/4:45 PM - 5:15 PM: Grade level group activities (arts & crafts, games, sports, etc.). Depending on the number of students attending grade levels may be grouped.5:15 PM - 6:00 PM: All remaining students participate in games and activities in either the All Purpose Room or Library.*Weather permitting, we always encourage the students to go outside.We do not encourage children to bring in their favorite toys/games from home. If you allow your child to do so, please label all personal items clearly as the NEED program cannot be responsible for missing items. All school policies must be followed.For questions about the NEED Program, please contact Lisa Harper at (609)758-6800x3266 or HarperL@newegypt.us.
- Offers an affordable, safe, accessible program with excellent care and supervision with before school care starting at 6:45 AM and after school care ending at 6:00 PM for students in grades preschool-5.
- Accommodates working parents by offering childcare for children who might otherwise be at home alone or with a sitter.
- Features flexibility in scheduling and fees, based on the number of days per week. For 2018-2019 the following plans are available: Gold Plan, Blue Plan, In-A-Pinch Plan.
- Registrations/enrollments will be ongoing during the 2018-2019 school year pending available space.
- Registrations require a three school days processing period.
- Registration packets are available at the New Egypt Primary School main office, the Dr. Gerald H. Woehr Elementary School main office, the New Egypt Extended Day (NEED) office located in the DGHWES building and at the Warrior Day Camp held at the New Egypt Middle School.
- The NEED program offers structured activities in arts and crafts, physical education, recreation and homework assistance.
- The NEED program is available to all children who attend the Plumsted Township School District grades Preschool through 5th grade.
- In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, the NEED Program will provide reasonable accommodations for participants with disabilities. The District reserves the right to make a determination that students that require accommodations which exceed the reasonable standard would be deemed inappropriate for the program and therefore not eligible to participate. A determination as to whether a requested accommodation is reasonable would be based upon a case by case analysis involving an interactive exchange between the parties to determine whether a reasonable accommodation was capable of being furnished.
- There is no nurse available during the before and after care program. Please note the NEED staff cannot administer medication. If your child has a potential for allergen reaction or anaphylaxis, we can assist with the administration of an epipen. Please make sure that the NEED program and the school nurse has a copy of the treatment plan here.
- Discounted tuition is available to families who receive free or reduced lunch and for multiple children from one family. One discount per family may be applied.
- Students attending any of the three New Egypt Primary School preschool sessions (1/2 day AM, 1/2 day PM and Full Day) may attend the NEED Program during NEED operating hours.
- Holiday Care will continue through Community Education for the 2018-2019 school year and be offered on the following days that the district is closed: Wednesday, September 19, Monday, October 8, tentatively January 21 and other days TBA. Flyers will be distributed to students starting in September and will also be available under the district's Community Education tab on this website.
Click here for further registration information or program plan costs.
A nurse is not available during the NEED Program operating hours. The NEED Program is a peanut/tree nut free for students with life threatening food allergies to also enjoy. This is especially important on early dismissal days. If your child is attending this program, please do not send them with any food products that contain nuts for either their lunch or snack.