2022-2023 NEW EGYPT EXTENDED DAYCARE registration forms can be found on the registration page in printable and fillable .pdf. (When viewing the forms please make sure they say 2022-2023. If they do not, you may need to refresh your browser.) Registration will begin on Wednesday, August 17 and go through Friday, August 26, 2022. Forms should be emailed to HarperL@newegypt.us with a subject of "NEED registration forms" or dropped at the Dr. Gerald H. Woehr Elementary School vestibule/main office. Please note the district is closed on Friday, August 19th.
NEW EGYPT EXTENDED DAYCARE (NEED)
The 2022-2023 NEED Program, sponsored by the Plumsted Township Board of Education…
For questions about the NEED Program, please contact Lisa Harper at (609)758-6800x3266 or via ParentSquare.
- Offers an affordable, safe, accessible program with excellent care and supervision with before-school care starting at 6:45 AM and after-school care ending at 5:45 PM for students in grades preschool-5th grade.
- Features flexibility in scheduling, with a choice of morning care, afternoon care, or both based on 2/3/4/5 days per week. Additional days may be added on at a per diem rate, but a minimum enrollment of two days per week must be maintained in order to use the add-on feature. At this time, drop-in care on an as-needed basis is not available. Add-on days are available for those registered.
- Registrations/enrollments will be ongoing during the 2022-2023 school year pending available space.
- The NEED program offers structured activities in arts and crafts, physical education, recreation, and homework assistance.
- The NEED program is available to all children who attend the Plumsted Township School District grades Preschool through 5th grade.
- In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, the NEED Program will provide reasonable accommodations for participants with disabilities. The District reserves the right to make a determination that students that require accommodations that exceed the reasonable standard would be deemed inappropriate for the program and therefore not eligible to participate. A determination as to whether a requested accommodation is reasonable would be based upon a case-by-case analysis involving an interactive exchange between the parties to determine whether a reasonable accommodation was capable of being furnished.
- There is no nurse available during the before and aftercare program. Please note the NEED staff cannot administer medication. If your child has a potential for allergen reactions or anaphylaxis, we can assist with the administration of an EpiPen. Please make sure that the NEED program and the school nurse have a copy of the treatment plan here.
- Discounted tuition is available to families who receive free or reduced lunch and for multiple children from one family. One discount per family may be applied.
- Students attending the preschool sessions (1/2 day AM, 1/2 day PM, and Full Day) may attend the NEED Program during NEED operating hours.
Click here for further registration information and program costs.
A nurse is not available during the NEED Program operating hours. The NEED Program is a peanut/tree nut-free for students with life-threatening food allergies to also enjoy. This is especially important on early dismissal days. If your child is attending this program, please do not send them with any food products that contain nuts for either their lunch or snack.