Warrior AcademyTeachers for Tomorrow
"Next Generation for Aspiring Educators"
The New Egypt High School Warrior Teachers for Tomorrow Academy is designed to attract high school students to the field of education. The Teachers for Tomorrow Academy will expose students to 21st learning and technology while they actively learn a variety of educational philosophies and best practices. Warrior Teachers for Tomorrow Academy students will be placed on a four-year academic pathway that will be innovative while addressing “College and Career Readiness'' skills. They will gain knowledge in this particular field of study and cover all high school prerequisites for acceptance to competitive post secondary institutions. This program will empower students in the development of the key skills; critical thinking/problem solving, research, reading, writing, speaking/presenting, and teamwork, and include subsets of these skills, such as analyzing, reasoning, negotiating and questioning. The rigorous courses (some achieving college credit) are developed to enable students to apply these skills while identifying how the material connects to other academic subjects. Students will be required to participate in field experiences in classrooms within the local school district and create a professional portfolio during a formal presentation.
Students will actively participate in blended learning as they will take multiple on-line education classes that will provide them with practical knowledge and current pedagogy.
Students who are accepted into the Warrior Teachers for Tomorrow Academy will:
- Design elective choice to focus on particular aspects of education in the United States.
- Require a minimum of four academy electives completed or enrolled by February of senior year.
- Principles of Sociology and Principles of Psychology are required courses. Students may choose the remaining courses.
- Successfully complete Senior Practicum during their senior year.
Academy students will have opportunities to:
- Shadow teachers and other educational professionals
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Potential to earn college credits through Ocean County College
Available Teachers for Tomorrow Courses:
- SS323 - General Psychology (OCC Dual Enrollment Course)
- SS324 - Introduction to Sociology (OCC Dual Enrollment Course)
- Jump Start Ocean County College Opportunity (Senior Year)
- Multiple Education Electives (some online)
Academy Meetings: Held Weekly
- Year 1 Introduction to Education
- Year 2 Understanding the Profession
- Year 3 Classroom Procedures & Teaching Methodologies
- Year 4 Experiencing Education & Practices
- Students will take at least one course included in the program at Ocean County College and will receive six credits upon successful completion.
- Teachers for Tomorrow Academy Practicum
Portfolio & Capstone:
- Students will maintain a portfolio to capture reflections on service learning, academic coursework and additional Academy experiences.
- The Capstone Project is a culmination of experiences where students utilize skills and knowledge acquired throughout high school and the Academy during a formal presentation.