Warrior AcademyTV/Communications"Creating a VISION for the Future"
The New Egypt High School Warrior TV/Communications Academy is a program designed to educate and prepare students for a commitment to media and the communications field. The rigorous courses will enable students to apply these skills while identifying how the material connects to other academic subjects. Students will be involved in real world production projects and they will have the opportunity to visit production facilities and learn from a variety of professionals working in the meida and communications industry.
Students who are accepted into Warrior TV/Communications Academy will:
- Tailor their elective choices to focus on TV/Communications.
- Require a minimum of five TV/Communications courses completed or enrolled by February of senior year.
- Introduction to Media Production required course. Students may choose the remaining courses.
- Participate in Video and Phtography Club
- Successfully complete a Senior Practicum during their senior year.
Academy students will have opportunities to:
- Shadow business professionals
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Participate in on site visists to production facilities
- Meet with professionals from a many different media production careers
Available TV/Communications Courses: Refer to Program of Studies
TV/Communications Academy Meeting:
Portfolio & Capstone
- Students will maintain a portfolio to capture reflections on service learning, academic coursework, and additional Academy experiences.
- The Capstone Project is a culmination of experiences where students utilize skills and knowledge acquired throughout high school and the Academy during a formal presentation.
Any questions or concerns, please email Mr. Armstrong at email@example.com