Warrior AcademyGlobal Education
"Next Generation for Aspiring Educators"
The New Egypt High School Warrior Global Education Academy is designed for students interested in the field of education. Students in this academy will explore careers in teaching, psychology, and sociology, as well as other health-related careers. Students will be exposed to 21st Century learning and technology while they actively learn a variety of educational philosophies and best practices across an array of specialties within this discipline. Students in this career cluster will participate in classroom observations, service-related projects, and take two field-related courses through Ocean County College. Global Education Academy students will also create a professional portfolio, and be required to participate and present on a Capstone Experience mutually agreed upon with their advisor in their senior year.
Students will actively participate in blended learning as they will take multiple online education classes that will provide them with practical knowledge and current pedagogy.
Students who are accepted into the Warrior Teachers for Tomorrow Academy will:
- Design elective choice to focus on particular aspects of education in the United States.
- Require a minimum of four academy electives completed or enrolled by February of senior year.
- Principles of Sociology and Principles of Psychology are required courses. Students may choose the remaining courses.
- Successfully complete Senior Practicum during their senior year.
Academy students will have opportunities to:
- Shadow teachers and other educational professionals
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Potential to earn college credits through Ocean County College
Available Teachers for Tomorrow Courses:
- SS323 - General Psychology (OCC Dual Enrollment Course)
- SS324 - Introduction to Sociology (OCC Dual Enrollment Course)
- Jump Start Ocean County College Opportunity (Senior Year)
- Multiple Education Electives (some online)
Academy Meetings: Held Weekly
- Year 1 Introduction to Education
- Year 2 Understanding the Profession
- Year 3 Classroom Procedures & Teaching Methodologies
- Year 4 Experiencing Education & Practices
- Students will take at least one course included in the program at Ocean County College and will receive six credits upon successful completion.
- Teachers for Tomorrow Academy Practicum
Portfolio & Capstone:
- Students will maintain a professional portfolio to capture reflections on service learning, academic coursework, and additional Academy experiences.
- The Capstone Project is a full year experience where students utilize skills and knowledge acquired throughout high school and the Academy that culminates with a formal presentation.