2020-2021 Registration Forms are now available.
The NEED program, before and after school childcare, is now open for family registrations. While the program will operate differently for the start of this year given the new guidelines, we look forward to when we can again offer extended hours and more plan options.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURESThe Plumsted Township School District is committed to providing both affordable and safe before and after school programs for all students.
To register for the program, please email or bring completed registration packets (all required forms and payment to):NEED OfficeDr. Gerald H. Woehr Elementary School44 N. Main StreetNew Egypt, NJ 08533For more information or clarification on the programs, please call the NEED office at (609)758-6800 x3266. Incomplete packets cannot be processed and will be returned causing a delay in your registration.2020-2021 Program Information and Checklist for NEED Program registration packet:
- Please see the 2020-2021 Program Information at the bottom of this page.
- The NEED program will operate before school from 7:00 am – 8:50 am and after school from dismissal – 5:30 pm at the Dr. Gerald H. Woehr Elementary School.
- The family registration fee is due at the time of enrollment. Registration fees are non-refundable.
- For the 2020-2021 school year, the family registration fee has been reduced to $30.00 per family and requires the first month’s tuition at the time of enrollment.
- Tuition is due on the 15th of the month prior to care. Late fees of $20.00 per family are incurred after the 20th of the month.
- During our rolling registration time period, all students must be registered at least 5 school days in advance pending space availability. Please allow extra processing time for Free & Reduced Lunch discounts, medical, or special needs accommodations.
- If your child has a life-threatening medical condition or allergy, an Individual Education Plan (IEP), a 504 modification plan, or an Individual Health Plan (IHP for a medical condition), it must be indicated on the registration form. We will also need permission to speak with the child’s caseworker and/or school nurse to discuss specific needs in the interest of offering reasonable accommodations to a child in the NEED program. In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, the NEED Program will provide reasonable accommodations for participants with disabilities. The District reserves the right to make a determination that students that require accommodations that exceed the reasonable standard would be deemed inappropriate for the program and therefore not eligible to participate. A determination as to whether a requested accommodation is reasonable would be based upon a case by case analysis involving an interactive exchange between the parties to determine whether a reasonable accommodation was capable of being furnished. We strongly encourage open dialogue from all parents to list any special needs/behaviors or any other information that would be helpful to staff to provide a positive experience in the NEED program.
- There is no nurse available during the before and aftercare program. Please note the NEED staff cannot administer medication. If your child has a potential for allergen reactions or anaphylaxis, we can assist with the administration of an EpiPen. Please make sure that the NEED program and the school nurse has a copy of the treatment plan here.
- All information must be completed on both sides of the registration form and signed. Please continue to update the NEED program throughout the year if your contact information or contact information for your authorized pick-up individuals change.
- On your child’s first day of NEED, send a note to the classroom teacher to inform him/her of your child’s NEED schedule.
- Parents seeking a 2020-2021 Free or Reduced Lunch discount should complete the Free and Reduced Lunch application available on the district website.
- Confirmation schedules for October will be emailed the last week of September. After that, confirmation schedules are provided monthly to families via email between the 23rd-26th of the month before. Please review your schedule monthly for accuracy and important information including early dismissal days, holiday care, special visits and/or activities.
- For parent review: 2020-2021 Accident Insurance is with BMI Benefits, LLC directly at (800) 445-3126. Please contact the board office for additional information on purchasing accident insurance.
- 2020-2021 Program Information - please read first.
- 2020-2021 NEED Program - A week/B week for illustration purposes. Gold Week = A Week; Blue Week = B Week
- 2020-2021 NEED Program Registration Forms and Program Cost (fillable .pdf) - You can complete these forms by typing into them, then select the printer icon in the upper right corner and select "save as .pdf" under the destination/printer choice. You can then name the file, save it, and upload it to an email to HarperL@newegypt.us. In the email, please note if you are mailing a check, dropping off a check, or would like a Click-to-Pay link emailed directly to you to pay online. We do not need your credit card or banking information for online payments. Please note: using the download icon on the fillable .pdf will not save any information typed into the form. The form will remain blank. If starting the week of 10/19 or 10/26 tuition is ½ PRICE for just the month of October. This would be all 3rd-5th graders. Preschool students attend every week and not on an A/B week rotation. NEED program tuition rates are doubled for preschoolers.
- 2020-2021 NEED Program Registration Forms and Program Cost (printable .pdf) - If printing the forms to complete, please use a blue or a black pen and print clearly to avoid errors, especially for phone numbers and email addresses. A complete set is required for each child. If starting the week of 10/19 or 10/26 tuition is ½ PRICE for just the month of October. This would be all 3rd-5th graders. Preschool students attend every week and not on an A/B week rotation. NEED program tuition rates are doubled for preschoolers. Forms may be mailed to: Dr. Gerald H. Woehr Elementary School, 44 N. Main Street, New Egypt, NJ 08533 or dropped off at the school. If sending in via mail, please send an email to Lisa Harper at HarperL@newegypt.us so that we can confirm receipt.
- Payments: 1) via check/money order and mailed to Dr. Gerald H. Woehr Elem. School, ATTN: NEED Program, 44 N. Main Street, New Egypt, NJ 08533; 2) Drop registration forms and/or payments off in the GHWES vestibule inside the first set of glass double doors. Then if you could alert the main office through the call button that you are leaving the registration forms on the bookshelf they will place them in my mailbox. 3) "Click to Pay" link to pay by credit/debit card or banking. The processor charges a small fee at the time of the transaction. This link will be provided to all families and can be used at any time during the 2020-2021 school year. Please DO NOT use a Click to Pay link from an old email in 2019-2020.
- If your preschooler is not potty trained, you must provide your own pull-ups, wipes, and gloves prior to the student starting.
- Reduced Family Registration Fee for all families for the 2020-2021 school year - $30.00. Registration fee is waived for those qualifying for Free or Reduced Lunch. In addition, a $20 re-enrollment fee is charged if you stop the program and want to start again during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Free and Reduced Lunch Federal guidelines for 2020-2021 here.
- If requesting a Federal Lunch Program discount, and you have not already qualified for this school year, please complete the forms here. Also, submit a copy with your NEED Program registration forms if a new submission.
- There is no nurse available during the before and aftercare program. Please note the NEED staff cannot administer medication. If your child has a potential for allergen reactions or anaphylaxis, we can assist with the administration of an EpiPen. Please make sure that the NEED program and the school nurse has a copy of the treatment plan here. An EpiPen that can be kept with the NEED program at all times must be in place prior to starting the NEED program. Please make sure the medication has a pharmacy label clearly listing the student's name and administration directions.
- September's Tuition is due by August 15, October's Tuition is due by September 15, etc. You may submit the registration packet and registration fee now, and mail September's tuition by August 16th.
- 2020-2021 School Calendar (as of 8/26/20) and also located on the district homepage here.